Find natural stress and anxiety remedies that work you!
1) Passionflower (Passiflora)- Certain species of Passionflower, primarily Purple Passionflower (P. incarnata, has been shown boost levels of GABA (gamma-aminobutyricc acid) in your brain which in turn is helping in relieving stress and anxiety, and even helping insomnia.
2) Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)- In addition to relieving anxiety, Lemon Balm has been shown to improve your mood, reduce stress levels, and improve sleep quality in those suffering with insomnia by regulating neurotransmitter activity.
3) Ashwaganda (Withania somnifera)- As a powerful adaptogenic herb that helps protect our bodies from the tolls of chronic and toxic stress, Ashwaganda has proven powerful in reducing cortisol levels by up to 30% and promoting balance in the body. In addition to its stress an anxiety relieving properties, this herb can boost immunity and support a healthy thyroid. Those with autoimmune disorders should use caution and consult their physicians prior to using Ashwaganda as it is a member of the nightshade family and may aggrevate
symptoms and severity of flare-ups.
4) Holy Basil (Ocimum tenuiflorum)- Dubbed "The Queen of Herbs", Holy Basil acts as an adaptogen in helping your body adapt to and lessen the symptoms of stress and anxiety and to stabilize our moods.
5) Rhodiola (Rhodiola rosea)- By supporting healthy cortisol levels, Rhodiola is most well known for it's use in relieving anxiety and mild depression as well as providing a stimulatory effect and helping stress related fatigue.
6) Magnolia Bark (Magnolia officinalis)- Containing plant compounds known a s polyphenols which are micronutrients that we get through plant based foods, Honokiol which is found in Magnolia Bark increases GABA level in our brains which helps decrease anxiety and relieve depression.
7) Kava Kava Root (Piper methysticum)- containing the active ingredient of Kavalactones within the root works by supporting the neurotransmitters GABA and serotonin in the brain producing a mild euphoria that can help ease anxiety and help you sleep.
8) Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)- Another star herb that contains the chemical gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA), Valerian works wonders for anxiety and insomnia by boosting GABA levels in the brain which help calm anxiety.
9) Ginseng (Panax)- By nurturing your adrenal glands and reducing your cortisol levels, Ginseng is a great mood booster by creating a relaxed state resulting in stress and anxiety relief.
10) Rhodiola (Rhodiola Rosea)- an herbal powerhouse, Rhodiola is another adaptogen that nourishes your adrenals by lowering cortisol and regulating your stress response. In addition to managing stress, Rhodiola has been shown and is used to fight fatigue and i improve and maintain concentration through the day.